Updated: Apr 17, 2018
Buying and displaying accessories can be a daunting task. Especially if you don't have a plan. Most of the time I like to purchase from vendors, but there are those moments when you just need to find accessories in a hurry.
Over the years, I have created a Game Plan that keeps me on track when I am shopping for clients and I want to share my process with you.
Here are 10 Steps to my Game Plan:
1. Decide what you're keeping and what is going to be donated.
2. Make a list of items you're shopping for.
3. Decide on the colors you want to bring into your space.
4. Keep scale in mind. too many small items will look like clutter.
5. Remember to group accessories in odd numbers.
6. Go to the designated isles for the accessories you're shopping for and the color you have decided on.
7. Be sure to revisit the same isle a least 3 times, you'll be amazed at what you'll find each time.
8. My go to items are baskets, trays and boxes. Baskets bring in warmth and are great for quickly hiding messes. Trays are perfect to display a collection on a coffee table. Boxes are nice to hide remotes and give you an opportunity to display at different heights.
9. Display accessories in graduating heights, large to small or symmetrical.
10. Most of all try to have some fun!